Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Insight From a Pro

Hey Hey Hey!

Did you miss me? I know, I know there's been some major life changes but I'm back and I came with some awesome blogging content. Don't believe me? Keep Reading. 


I had the AMAZING opportunity to interview Nadeen White from The Sophisticated Life. She is my inspiration for balancing real world responsibilities and traveling the world. I've been following her for a while and it was an absolute honor to get the opportunity to communicate with her. Jealous? You should be! 

Check out the interview and fabulous photos! 


1. You have made an amazing career from travel and exploration. What would you say is your biggest accomplishment?
    Thank you. My full-time career is still Pediatric Hospital Medicine. However, I have enjoyed my side gig as a luxury travel, food and wine blogger. I think passion for what I do and a commitment to succeed are two things that have driven my success. 

2. With success comes a lot of challenges. What is/has been your biggest blogging or travel challenge thus far?
    Definitely the time factor. Blogging takes a lot of time. Besides writing there is photo editing and back end technical issues that come up. 

Nadeen in Cape Town South Africa


3. If there were two things you could tell someone who isn't sure they should take the leap and become a travel blogger, what are they?
    1) Make sure it is something they would love to do even if they were not getting paid.
   2) Try to connect with your core audience. Interacting with people on social media and    even through blog comments is important. 

4. What do you do when you get home sick?
     I usually don't stay away from home longer than 2 1/2 weeks. If I am home sick in another country I usually eat some American comfort food.

5. Where is your favorite place, that you've traveled thus far? 
     Impossible to pick only one but Thailand is definitely up there. I loved the people, the hospitality and the food. 

*Check out 10 reasons why she loves Thailand on her blog, trust me you won't regret it.*

Nadeen in Sedona, Arizona


6. From your experience which is more challenging, traveling independently or fitting your experiences into a blog?
   The good thing about not doing travel blogging as my full-time career is that most of the time I get to travel independently. I then write about the things I found most interesting or helpful for me readers.

7. Do you think you will ever settle in one place and plants familial roots? Why?
    Yes. I love having a home to come back to and I enjoy time spent with family and friends. 

Nadeen near Page, Arizona


Do you feel inspired and motivated? I know, me too! She is just a breath of fresh traveled air! Thanks Nadeen for making the time for my questions. Thailand is on my travel list and I can't wait to explore it! You continuously inspire and enlighten travel seekers near and far. You are #travelgoals! 

Thanks for stopping by and Traveling with May

No comments:

Post a Comment